On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 08:41:10AM -0800, Jordi wrote:
> Hello
>
> I saw two good firewalls:
> - Firestarter wich is easy
> - Shorewall wich seems versatile
>
> Wich is best for a single server pc? Does the complexity of shorewall
> worth the effort or is firestarter as good as shorewall?

The fact that Firestarter has a GUI tipped the scales for me - towards
Shorewall. While it may be nice to do the initial setup in a GUI,
being able to make modifications from anywhere over SSH has proven
valuable enough to justify the initial learning curve. And once you
'got it', Shorewall isn't actually that hard to work with.

Just my 2 cents
 --j