Andrei Popescu schrieb:
Ralph Plawetzki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrei Popescu schrieb:

I'm not using kde but sound didn't work for me either. I changed in
gaim preferences:

Method: Command
Sound command: aplay %s

and it works. You might need to disable arts.

HTH,
Andrei
Using the method command and setting the command itself to "aplay %s" worked!

Thank you very much!

Glad to help. May I recommend you install the Reply-to-list extension
for IceDove. There is no need to Cc the sender on list replies.

Regards,
Andrei

Sorry. Thank you for the advice. I will obey this on future replies.
Ralph