On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 08:56:10PM -0600, John Schmidt wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 March 2007 20:19, Michael Pobega wrote:

> > > My first pass at things you *might* be able to remove are:
> > > apache2
> > > avahi-daemon
> > > bittorrent
> > > clamav-freshclam
> > > hyperestraier
> > > mysql*
> > > nfs-common
> >
> > And to remove these I just remove them from /etc/init.d?
>
> If you don't use them, then I would do this:
>
> sudo aptitude purge apache2 avahi-daemon bittorrent clamav-freshclam
> hyperestraier mysql* nfs-common

I have to just remove it from starting, I can't purge some of them.
Apache I need because I do web development, Avahi I didn't even know I
had installed, Bittorrent I do use (But I don't think I need to
tracker starting at boot time), clamav is actually useful because it
updates the virus db, and the rest I don't need (Besides MySQL).