----- Original Message ----
From: Marty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 4:19:23 PM
Subject: Re: pppconfig "command not found"

eklektik wrote:

> [...]

<snip>
>      -->This is the repository  I downloaded from.
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_rc2/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-xfce-CD-1.iso
>
> I didn't see CD-2, so I suspect CD-1 was the only available iso for xfce.
>
> jmak

Apparently somebody decided that ppp and pppconfig are not essential.  I think
your case suggests that it is, so you might want to take up the issue on a
developer list such as debian-cd or debian-testing, or just file a bug report.

In the meantime you can find the dependancies of ppp using the command
"apt-cache depends ppp" and install each of those dependancies before you
installing ppp and pppconfig.

Here is the output I get on Sarge:

$ apt-cache depends ppp
ppp
   Depends: libc6
   Depends: libpam0g
   Depends: libpcap0.7
   Depends: zlib1g
   Depends: libpam-modules
   Depends: libpam-runtime
   Depends: netbase
   Depends: procps
   Depends: makedev
   Suggests: libatm1
   Conflicts: <ppp-pam>
   Conflicts: <ppp-udeb>
   Conflicts: pppdcapiplugin
   Replaces: <ppp-pam>
   Replaces: <ppp-udeb>

Thanks for clarifying the issue. I wait till the final version come out hoping
that it will include the package. In the mean time I take up the issue on the
developer-testing list or file a bug report as you suggested.

Jmak