I also believe to the movement of Intel and I think that Intel's choice will
help the open source but unfotunatelly many people have ati's or nvidia's
graphic card and i'm one of them. I have a laptop whith the ati express
200m. I bought this product cause of the good cpu and its very good price. I
hate xgl because this technology "destroys" my 3d acceleration and this is
one big reason for someone to prefer aiglx but the fglrx doesn't support
aiglx yet and because I am waitting for this feature many mounths I prefer
to help some other people to create a gpl driver. The support of aiglx by
fglrx in future mayby is a configency but I wan't to use my hardware just
now.
Chris