Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
Should the OP consider that he _has_ been compromized?

It's certainly a possibility but I would think that an incompetent ISP is more likely than a compromise.

I would echo what someone said earlier in the thread, ask for details from your ISP. If they can't or (more likely) won't provide such information, find another ISP. If they sincerely believe you have been compromised they should be more than willing to provide you with any information they can to allow you to sort out the problem.

Andrew