On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:20:15 -0500
Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > animations and graphics on their websites.  I agree with the
>
> It's still naive in the extreme to be shocked that proprietary
> formats can become dominant.
>
> - --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.

I agree, it's outrage really more than anything else.  Proprietary software, it
could be argued is simply the concept of Private Property taken to its logical
conclusion w.r.t computer software.  Seeing as private capital and ownership is
the way of the world then I suppose this is how proprietary products become
standards.  Free Software is not the be all and end all but it's definitely a
step in the right direction.  Many developing countries, not to mention the
OLPC project could not be where they are now without Free Software.

Ananda Samaddar