Greg Folkert([EMAIL PROTECTED]) is reported to have said:
> On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 09:17 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 May 2007 08:02, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > > Offensive or not, it doesn't even matter with you, will you please
> > > realize it? You are simply making a lot of USELESS noise.

<--<snip>-->

> But just HOW do you fix this kind of problem on an *OPEN* list,
> especially for a Debian Developer, that does the "sword" packages and
> the cyrus-sasl2 package? (and others packages)
>
> Come, lets here a solution, I've discussed some solutions, how about
> you?

How about we all agree to _not_ post OT topics.  If someone does and
is informed by another DU user that OT threads are a no-no, then
that/those person/persons would just terminate the thread, rather then
try to bully everyone into letting them continue.

As I personally kill the OT threads at the pop server, as soon as I see
them developing, I don't have to download them.  Those of us on
dialup or those that have to _pay_ to download OT threads should not
have to ask for them to stop.  I haven't complained, but can
understand why many are.

I have been on this list for many years and common courtesy used to be
the norm.  Lately that seems to have been forgotten or ignored by a
few users, some of which are newcomers who don't know any better.
Maybe the adults on the list can get together and try to educate the
offenders on what common courtesy is.  We would all be better off if
we can get back to what this list is all about, being a helpful,
courteous Debian User.

Repectfully

Wayne

--
It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice
versa.