Hi,

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 11:32 -0500, Gayle Lee Fairless wrote:

      I just installed Windows XP Professional on an IBM ThinkPad 390

with a Pentium MMX (233 MHZ) and a 60 GB harddrive.

SS> Since it is a ThinkPad, you should have a look at thinkwiki. [1] A SS> good reference site for hardware problems and other howtos.

I think the reference got lost in the transmission. Is thinkwiki the website name?

SS> For starters you should do a minimal installation and build it further.

       That should be about right.

SS> And I don't think xfce4 will be fast enough, done that befor on a SS> 233mhz system with 64mb RAM. It was a bit _slow_. ;)

Yes, the Windows installation was only just a little more exciting than watching paint dry!