I also had with an Ati Radeon card this freezes ... but when i removed
the dri module from
the module section in xorg.conf. the problem disappeared. Seems you
have the same problem. Hope this helps

Section "Module"
Load "i2c"
Load "bitmap"
Load "ddc"
Load "dri"      << -------------------------------
Load "extmod"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx"
Load "int10"
Load "vbe"
EndSection

On 30/05/07, Deboo ^ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/30/07, Jostein Elvaker Haande <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Deboo ^ wrote this at Wed, May 30, 2007 at 01:30:36AM +0530
> > On 5/29/07, Mumia W.. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >Is direct rendering enabled?
> > How do I check this?
>
> glxinfo | grep dir
>
> If you don't already have the binary glxinfo installed, it's found in
> the package 'mesa-utils'.

$ glxinfo |grep dir
direct rendering: No
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect

Regards,
Deboo
--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.

Trusted computing isn't about providing an environment you, the user
can trust. It is about providing an environment copyright holders can
trust you to have.