Hi everyone,

I just installed Etch on my old IBM Thinkpad X30 (P3 1.066GHz, 1GB RAM).  To
my (delightful) surprise, wireless was working right out of the box (so to
speak), and of course ethernet was working fine as well (as it was a net
install).  Anyhow, fast forward to today where suddenly, it couldn't get a
proper IP address via DHCP.  I even tried assigning a static IP to it but
that didn't help either.  I've ruled out the modem and the router as I'm
connected via the router as we speak on my work laptop and I've also tried
connecting directly from the modem to the Etch Thinkpad.

It says I'm "connected" but gives me network info of:

Driver: e100

IP 196.254.180.46
Broadcast addr: 169.254.255.255
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

All that info doesn't make any scense as I'm connected to a router, so the
IP should be 192.168.x.x and the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 instead
also.

Prior to this happening I was trying to add in an init script for the Debian
package tpb (Thinkpad buttons).  I've since removed it but I still get the
same error (I get a similar error with wireless).

I've also tried re-installing, but when I get to the network portion of the
install it says something's wrong with my DHCP...

I'm kind of stuck right now and would appreciate any help or advice
concerning this.

Cheers,
-Glen