I'd commented out the "options  DPMS" line in my xorg.conf, so that the
monitor wouldn't keep going into standby mode every 30mins or so, and up to
last nights updates, (including a load of X stuff) this had been working ok.

This morning after installing all the updates, I rebooted the machine, just to
make sure everything was still ok with Lenny, and now I find that the monitor
is again going into standby after some 30mins or so. The "options DPMS" line
is still commented out, but appears to be being ignored.

I read a while back that xorg.conf was being deprecated, and would no longer
be necessary. If that is so, and these x updates have made that change, where
do I go now to stop DPMS being used.

Thanks in advance for any pointers toward the file I need to look at.

Nigel.