On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:59:25AM -0400, Andrew Barr wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2007, at 12:07 AM, arijit sarkar wrote:
> >So, can i resize my /home now to make space for second root.
> >or I have to reformat and do it again.
>
> Sure you can.
>
> Boot from a rescue CD, or better yet, a Debian or Ubuntu live CD, and
> use parted or one of it's GUI frontends to reconfigure your hard disk
> layout to your liking.
>
> Alternatively, e2resize is available but requires you to manually
> update your partition table, which can lead to data loss and
> corruption if you don't do it correctly.
>
> (g)parted on a live CD is your best option.
>
> Regards,
> Andrew Barr
Also, If you can, backup /home, just to make sure.

Alternatively, if you backup the /home data, then you can redo the
partitioning and remove the partition, then add back what you wanted it
to be. Then restore the /home data and proceed with your new install on
the new partitions.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|