I just installed Debian.? I'm wondering about the Synaptic Package Manager.? As
I've never used a GUI for Linux before, I will need to get used to how things
work.

I wanted to install a motherboard monitor.? I found one in the list, xmbmon,
and chose to install it.? It said installation complete.? However, I have no
idea how to find it and run it.? It's not showing up in the applications list
anywhere.

Is there something more that you need to do once you select packages in that
package manager and choose 'apply' and go ahead with installation?? When I view
properties, it shows a list of installed files in the file system.? However I
still wasn't able to figure out how to actually run it.

So basically I'm curious about that package manager.? Once installed, are icons
created anywhere to run them easily?

Thanks in advance.

AOL at AOL.com.