I apologize if this has already been discussed to death.  I did do multiple
searches on phrases like "existing partition" but didn't find what I'm
hoping exists.

The box I'm typing on, like most cheap PCs, came with Windows Home
preinstalled, but no installation disks, just "restore" disks to reproduce
the exact original disk image.  When I installed Debian, I shrank the
original Windows partition and never booted it again.

I need to use Windows software occasionally for work, so I'd like to set up
qemu, but all instructions I can find for it require the installation CD,
which I don't have.  Is there any reason I can't just define /dev/hda (real)
as hda (for qemu)?  If not, it's only 15 gig--what if I just dd a copy of
it?

Thanks in advance.
--
Carl Fink                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!