On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:40:07PM +0200, Anita Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:50:13PM +0200, Anthony Rowe wrote:
> >
> > I save articles I wish to keep or reply to (using 'o' in slrn) to the
> > default file (probably ~/News/Linux.debian.user).  Then browse this
> > file using my MUA ('c', '?', and then to '../', and '/News' etc. in
> > mutt).  Saved articles are in mailbox format so mutt will display them
> > the same as a saved email.  Reply as usual editing the To: field as
> > needed.
> >
> Wow!  Thanks, Tony.  This is a lot easier, because I can use the alias I
> have to change the To:  It will also give me a copy in my Sent mail folder.

Hmmm.  Editing the Subject: field on the other hand, seems to bork the
message threading (I did it too). :( I guess the non-displayed mail
headers get changed by the newsfeed.  So, when replying to a thread
(from the newsfeed), leaving the Subject: field unchanged is probably
a good idea - the Debian list server must resort to using the Subject:
field to try to thread replies that have otherwise skewed headers?
There is always a bottleneck somewhere...

Tony