Hi Ted.

Ted Hilts, 11.07.2007 19:29:
> [ Discussion about Thunderbird and subject filtering ]
> Interesting!
>
> Yes, I understand what  you and the others  have determined.  I have
> just made the appropriate changes to THUNDERBIRD  using the  "To or cc"
> header with the value "debian-user@lists.debian.org"

You better go with the List-Id header since you only have to filter on one
header then.

> PS: BTW Andrew,  I am posting on the bottom but still feel uncomfortable
> about posting that way because this confuses many who do business on the
> Internet.

Outlook users, indeed. This little snipplet can be found all over the web and
pretty much summarizes it:

> A: Yes.
> | Q: Are you sure?
> | | A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.

> At least that's my experience. So now I end up posting at the
> bottom for Linux Lists and posting top and bottom for non Linux Lists.
> I assume posting at the bottom is common to most Linux Lists.

It’s common on every mailinglist I ever heard of. And also cutting down the
quote to the bare minimum. (I even trimmed too much here but didn’t want to put
dozens of ellipses everywhere.)

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules