koffiejunkie wrote:
andy wrote:
Dear all

At the risk of igniting another holy war, I am wanting to poll opinions on a scheduler for appointments and such like. I am looking for an app that is lightweight, will sit quietly in the Gnome notification area, will flash alerts/reminders, and can be started at login.

I don't know how well Gnome handles KDE tray apps, so this may not be ideal. I use KOrganiser at work. Never had an interest in it before, but I needed something that could pick up the Exchange calenders reliably (Evolution didn't cut it). Works well for me.

Thanks KJ. Actually, Gnome seems to handle KDE apps well in the notification area (KMail, KsCD both work just fine). I'll give this a spin.

Cheers

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the
answers." - Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"