On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:14:22 +0300
"Nick Demou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'll soon be on vacations without my PC. I believe that internet
> access from an internet cafe will be my best option. If things go for
> the worse how can I ssh to my debian server?
> I suppose that a PC in most internet cafes will be willing to download
> and run putty.exe but am I right? If not is there any other option?

I don't know whether they will, but here's [0] a very useful list of options
for when you can't install a proper ssh client.  Note that *whatever* you do
from a public computer that isn't under your control is fundamentally insecure;
the machine could be keylogging, and even if you're using ssh key based login,
if someone else is controlling the machine, any data entering the machine can
in principle be sniffed and captured.  I admit that I would still access my
machine from a public terminal if the consequences of a compromise weren't that
high and / or if I had some modicum of trust in the operator.

[0] http://anyterm.org/compared.html

Celejar