On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 16:50, Benedict Verheyen wrote:

> You can also use patch -p1 path_to_path in the /usr/src/linux directory
> to apply the patch and then use steps 5 & 6.
> That's what i did to apply the debian-logo patch. It also didn't work
> when using the --added-patches switch so i had to apply the patch
> manually via the patch command. That worked like a charm.

Thats what I also tried, as well :)

I did try the debian boot logo, but initrd bombed when it tried to load,
but that probably something else (now if only I could get the bootsplash
working correctly).

BTW is it possible to download a pure kernel source and use make-kpkg to
build a .deb ?

I did try this on 2.4.21, but it kept failing on undefined symbols
errors on the modules, right at the end.

Mark