On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:26:41 -0400
Phill Atwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Further to my problem of not being able to automatically mount my
> windows xp partition and cd to it as a regular user.
>
> >from dmesg:
>
> NTFS driver 2.1.27 [Flags: R/W MODULE].
> NTFS volume version 3.1.
> NTFS-fs warning (device sda1): load_system_files(): Unsupported volume
> flags 0x4000 encountered.
> NTFS-fs warning (device sda1): load_system_files(): Volume has
> unsupported flags set.  Will not be able to remount read-write.  Run
> chkdsk and mount in Windows.

----

Hi there,

I have no information about what was discussed before, but to me this looks
like: Boot into windoze. Click on Start->Execute (don't know how this is
exactly called on English windoze) or open a command window (cmd.exe). There,
type: chkdsk /f . Tell windoze you want it to check the disk at reboot. Reboot
into windoze, and let chkdsk repair the disk. Then reboot into linux and see
what happens.

Cheers,

Stephan