On Jul 31, 9:30 am, Andrew Sackville-West
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Worked like a treat, thanks!!

> > > I feel it's the website not knowing the browser, hense, unable to render
> > > the page properly. Thanks.
>
> > Not to get all gripey or anything, but there are web standards for precisely
> > this reason. Seehttp://www.w3.org
>
> Having just put together my first real webpage (still pretty basic)
> let me tell you (I'm sure you know) its a royal PITA. I've had to make
> an extra stylesheet just for stupid IE and then put a check for IE in
> the headers. Thankfully it was pretty simple and I end up with a page
> that renders "okay" in IE and looks great in everything else. I told
> my "customer" (heh, step-mother) that if it got any more complicated
> that I wasn't going to support IE and we'd just put up a redirect to
> mozilla. She doesn't understand but, what can you do. I'm not going to
> go down that road.

Why not just code to the standard instead of to a browser, do your
testing in an ACID compliant browser like Konqueror (instead of a
browser that can't render to the standard), and then call it good?  If
it looks good there, it'll look just as good in any browser that
actually complies with the standard or does a reasonably good job
faking it?