On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 03:33:14PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 01:41:56PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > > Try lftp.  I know of no better ftp client.  But it is command-line, which
> > > is
> > > just as well: the transfer engine is well cared for, and not a secondary
> > > thing to the GUI.
> >
> > I've got lftp installed but haven't tried it.  I will.  However, I would
> > have thought that wget would be the cat's meow since its what
> > debootstrap uses.  Perhaps they only use it because its small.
>
> wget is for script use.  lftp is for interactive use :-)

Except that for a download that I have to restart 5 or 10 times, its
easier to put the url in a file and use wget, or for rsync I put the
whole command line in a file, pound-hack it, chmod +x and away it goes.

If lftp had a download queue that was persistant between invocations, it
would be useful.

> And AFAIK curl is supposed to be better than wget for script use, but I
> won't go into that topic.

I'll look into it.

Doug.