On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 03:04:03PM -0500, Rodney Richison wrote:
> I've about 20 of old netserver lpr machines that have the old megaraid
> raid card. The kernal has dropped support for these cards. I'm tired of
> dealing with it.
>
> Can someone recomend a card that will work well with a stock debian that
> I might find on ebay?
>
> The drives are ultra3 18g
> (only raid 1 needed, do NOT need raid 5)
> 10rpm hard drives

I don't know specifically what MegaRaid cards you have, but just FYI and
not any sort of endorcement, I see that OpenBSD includes support for
several MegaRaid cards.

I have an old 486 that is a dog under Etch but is quite zippy under
OBSD.  I've found that Linux development focuses on newer and newer
stuff at the expense of old stuff.  I have lots of old stuff, always
looking for more (free).

Doug.