I am suffering from a frustrating issue with Iceweasel (2.0.0.6,
Debian unstable amd64).

I have a LiveJournal, and the post form has date and time fields on
it. These are automatically filled in with the current date and time,
using JavaScript. Problem is, Firefox thinks the time is four hours
later than it really is (basically it's displaying time in UTC).
Visiting a JavaScript tutorial page that displays the date and time
has confirmed this is not an LJ-specific bug. My time zone is
currently EDT -0400. Right now, the local time is 5:24 PM (17:24). But
according to Firefox, it is 9:24 PM (21:24). The 'date' command
displays the correct time and time zone, and so does the clock applet
in gnome-panel.

This machine's only operating system is Linux, so the hardware clock
_should_ be in UTC.

Does anyone know how Iceweasel determines the time zone and how to
configure it to the proper time zone?

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,