Hi,

First of all, please CC me when replying, since I am not subscribed to
this list.

> [...]
> And as I rarely decompress files, I have forgotten the command to
> decompress tar/bz2 files .
> [...]

I just wanted to add my ยข2. You may want to evaluate the package named
"unp" and you will never (almost) need to remember any command for
decompressing archive files. Just type:

        unp <archive>

and it automagically extracts it, no matter what kind of archive,
provided you have the appropriate archiver program installed.

Regards
--
Marcus Blumhagen

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein