I have an Athlon k7 box, running testing, as my gateway. Due to a new
system install, I had not upgraded in a few weeks.  On the 21st I
decided that it was time and did the upgrade overnight.  This morning
I rebooted the box to upgrade my sid partition and when I rebooted
testing, I had lost my my localnet connections.

Dmesg shows that the new udev package had decided to change eth0 to
eth1, for some reason.  To use the localnet, I changed eth0 to eth1 in
/etc/network/interfaces, restarted networking and killed the firewall.
My localnet was back.  I then rebooted and found that udev had now
changed the interface to eth3.  This will be a PITA to users that don't
run their boxes 24/7.

I have not seen this posted yet so it may be something wrong here.
Has anyone else see this udev behavior?

Wayne

--
In English, every word can be verbed.  Would that it were so in our
programming languages.