Hello,

now I have this camcorder and want to dump/edit some family videos on it, and
before I know it my 160GB harddisk is full. So I need some extra GB.

Should I go Serial-ATA or good ol' Parallel-ATA? How do the two compare in
terms of data throughput and Linux kernel support?

Just went and checked my local dealer online -- PATA seems to be as good as
gone. Haven't bought any computer stuff lately. So it's probably gonna be SATA
anyway, but maybe someone has some experience to share. Kernel is some current
Debian 2.6.-k7 flavour.

Thanks,
--D.