On Saturday 25 August 2007 07:52 pm, Richard Lyons wrote:
> I just noticed with a sinking feeling that my root partition is 96% full.
> I do wish I hadn't let the installer use LVM and choose its own sizes.
> Now I am stuck trying to work round its choices.  I also notice a number
> of directories I've never heard of before under root:
>    command, package, service
>
> 'service' contains a symlink to /etc/tinydns, left over from an attempt
> to install tinydns, I assume.  Is it likely the others also belong to
> tinydns, because if so I can delete them as it didn't run anyway.
>
> TIA
> --
> richard

On my system, /service and /command are each 4k since they only contain
links.  /package is 1.8M.
Check yours from a terminal (as root) with:
#du -h /command
#du -h /service
#du -h /package
These directories belong to the DJB series of packages, so if you are not
using tinydns, you can remove them, but you will be saving very little space.

Mark