* Masatran, R. Deepak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2007-08-30
> I want to bind some keys to commands. I can do this using my window manager,
> but I want it to work even if (1) Nobody is logged in OR if (2) the screen
> is locked with a screen-saver.
>
> I am using Debian 4.0, with GDM, and Sawfish.

Some more information: I want this for listening to music, with MPD as the
server, and Sonata as the client. I made "/etc/X11/Xmodmap" with contents:

    keycode 151 = XF86AudioPlay
    keycode 159 = XF86AudioStop
    keycode 178 = XF86AudioPrev
    keycode 236 = XF86AudioNext

and "HOME/.xbindkeysrc" with contents:

    "mpc toggle"
    XF86AudioPlay

    "mpc stop"
    XF86AudioStop

    "mpc prev"
    XF86AudioPrev

    "mpc next"
    XF86AudioNext

Now, the only problem is that XBindKeys does not work when I am not logged in.

--
Masatran, R. Deepak <http://research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/>