On 09/08/2007 06:53 PM, Alex Samad wrote:
Hi

I have a separate lvm for my /usr/share/doc, I would like to have this on a compressed fs, just recently loaded libgcj-doc which took up ~500Mb for a 45M deb file mainly text files.

is there a debian way of doing that ?

Alex

Although it relates to encryption, some of the ideas in this document may help you with your disk compression quest. Install doc-linux-nonfree-text from Sarge and read /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Disk-Encryption-HOWTO.gz