On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:39:06PM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
> steef wrote:
> - From his website:
> > Key people from Debian are paid for their work on Debian (see here)
> > and for this reason do no longer represent community interests but
> > the commercial interests of their investors.
>
> That's plainly not true. Two release managers were paid for one month
> each last year (causing controversy). They were paid by money from
> debian's project leader and they are no longer paid. I can't see any
> indication that they are or ever were following commercial interests of
> any kind.

  Actually, they were paid using money donated for the express purpose
of hiring the release managers for a month.  The initiative was the
DPL's idea, and I imagine he may have donated some money, but he wasn't
the only one contributing, nor were general project funds used.

  Daniel