Douglas A. Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 06:17:38PM +0200, Peter Jordan wrote:
> > Douglas A. Tutty, 09/22/07 17:24:

> > > That is the job of your mail user agent (e.g. mutt).  How can a
> > > mail transport agent sending mail to many different people
> > > encrypt the mail for each of them?  Read the gpg manual/howto,
> > > etc.
> >
> > sorry, i forgot to say that i run a server, and i want the
> > cron-/logcheck-messages etc to be encrypted.
>
>  OK.  So its: how can I get cron messages to be encrypted.
>
>  How about leaving the root mail to go to a local user (even root)
>  and then use exim's mail filter stuff to pass the mail to a script
>  you write that takes the mail, encrypts it, and forwards it to you
>  wherever in the world you are?

Easier.  Tell exim to route root's mail to a user who then uses
procmail/getmail, and any mail incoming for root is gpg encrypted by
getmail/procmail with root's public key and the result is emailed and
saved by that user's mua, deleting the original incoming mail.  That
user will need root's private key to read the copy.

>  I don't know, but at least the question is clarified so you won't get
>  everyone telling you the same thing.

Thanks.  Clarification's good.