On 9/21/07, Tim Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I just got nvidia drivers working on my testing box
> (+Nvidia 7600) by picking up linux-image-2.6.22-2-k7 from sid, and

I have an Nvidia FX5200 that I'd certainly like to get the nvidia
drivers running on, and I had it working before in Etch, but now that
I'm on Lenny I've been having to do the nv bit wanting for the xorg
stuff to settle down a bit for now. But I'm getting ready to do the
plunge and if it means installing a few things from sid then that's
OK. As I recall, it has to do with the kernel mainly because of the
configuration situation, and also nvidia-kernel-source has yet to
propogate into testing and may not be in testing for the foreseeable
future. I am not that well versed in the reasons why, but that's not
really important just now.

Can you detail more about what you did?

Right now, I added in the sources for sid/unstable to
/etc/apt/sources.list and did an aptitude update.

I guess the next best thing to do now is to set up my machine to pin
on testing because if I do a dist-upgrade with sid lines in there I'll
probably end up running sid, which I'm not really prepared to do yet
:).