Quoting martin f krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

also sprach [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007.10.09.0611 +0100]:
So, as far as I can tell, I only see the slow down on the first
partition of a partitioned single raid 5 array. (Didn't test raid
1 or raid 10)

Can you try a third partition.

Yes, the 2nd and 3rd partitions were normal. So far, only the first one seemed slower.

Interesting results.

Weird indeed. You might want to take this up with
[EMAIL PROTECTED] It's definitely *not* an mdadm problem,
but rather a problem with the in-kernel md driver.

Okay.
I'll try some more tests just to make sure the results are consistent.