El Dom, 7 de Octubre de 2007, 9:49 pm, Wakko Warner escribió:
> Kelly Clowers wrote:
>> > I was looking at a V5100 or V7100 (both based on the X800 or X850
>> chip).
>> > But the question remains, is the R4xx chips supported in 3D?
>>
>> Yes r400 is supported:
>> http://spearhead.wordpress.com/2007/05/28/gpus-beryl-what-is-needed/
>
> Thanks.  I saw the X800 listed, unfortunately, ATI makes both a PCIe and
> an
> AGP 8x version of the card.  Not sure which they used.  If you have a
> clue,
> let me know.  I'll email them and ask too.

Yeah, the r400 chips are supported, the fglrx driver
from ati has support for 3d and 2d accel,
for example I have a X800 XL AIW Radeon PCIe
and I have full 3d aceleration (if I can say so :))

One detail it's right now the r600 are also supported
from the new driver codebase from ati and the new specs
from that chip that amd released.

-olr.