David wrote:

> dpkg --get-selections |while read pkg dummy; do src=$(apt-cache policy
> $pkg |grep -A1 ' \*' |sed 1d | tr -s "[:blank:]" ); [ -n "$src" ] &&
> echo $pkg: $(apt-cache policy |grep -A1 "$src" |grep -oE '(a|
> l)=[A-Za-z-]+'); done

That's a useful script! :)

One question though:

I run a mostly texting box. There are very few packages from unstable,
mostly related to the nvidia proprietary drivers and the related x.org
video drivers. And that's because I explicitly asked for those.

However, there are a few packages where the repository is "now" (a=now
comes up for a dozen or so packages). I've been in debian for a while,
and I have never heard of a "now" repository, so where are these
coming from? I can understand in the case of a few packages I've
gotten from non-standard repositories (opera, for instance) that 'now'
might be the best choice, but I know from experience that I shouldn't
have as many packages with the "now" as a source repository as I seem
to have.

I can attach my "nowlist" for perusal

And my sources.list.

For now :) what are my upgrade roadmaps for those particular files?