On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 07:52, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I can get audio extracted from vob files with mplayer, but I was
> wondering if there were any tools to make it a bit easier.

Give transcode a go, being lazy I use k3b or acidrip  for all my cd
burning and dvd ripping (uses transcode on the backend) , as both myself
and my wife spends more time on our computers than we do watching tv, I
tend too rip my dvd's to a shared hdd and we can both watch whatever
movies we want using Xine.

Personally I do not care if this upsets the movie bods, I legally paid
for all my dvd's, so I'm watching them anyway I can...

Add this to you're sources.list, then apt-get install transcode

# http://marillat.free.fr
deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

Mac