Hi,

        I have a dynamic IP address.  Reading others scripts, I found
        that whether or not I do have a dynamic IP, I can just cut that
        info out of ifconfig and use it in, say, my Iptables scripts,
        putting that script both into if-up and a cron job.  Does anyone
        see any potential problems with this, because it seems like a
        very efficient way to do things, especially since my IP isn't
        static.  Thanks.

--
Telly Williams
"Knowledge Is Power"