On Tue Oct 23, 2007 at 15:55:57 +0200, Klaus R?del wrote:

> i'm a xen newby and want to create a xen image with more than one disk
> but i found nothing about this? is it actually possible?

  Yes, if you're using sid/lenny.  No if you're using Etch (unless
 you use the backported package at http://apt.steve.org.uk/ )

  Read the manpage and pay attention to the section entitled
 'PARTITIONING'.

> one my physical system i have two partitions on my hard disks, one has
> the file system type ext3 and the other xfs. Now i want to create a
> xen image where the system data is on the ext3 partition and a data
> partition is on the xfs partition.

  That isn't possible.  Mutiple disks are supported, as described
 above, but they are assumed to come from the same LVM group,
 EVSM group, or physical disk.  You could probably cheat and use
 symlinks though .

Steve
--
# Commercial Debian GNU/Linux Support