* H.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007 Oct 23 18:07 -0500]:
> Russell L. Harris wrote:
> > * H.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [071023 17:07]:
> >> If I under the specs of the above two printer properly, both are
> >> postscript printers:
> >> 2070N:  PCL6, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
> >> 5250DN: PCL6, BR-Script3, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
> >>
> >> and these are the ports that they have:
> >> 2070N:  10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Parallel, USB
> >> 5250DN: 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Parallel, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
> >>
> >> I was actually looking just for the 10/100 ethernet ports to connect the
> >> printer to a switch on the little office network that we have there. How
> >> does this relate to HP JetDirect ethernet interface? And, er, what is HP
> >> JetDirect and wouldn't it exist only in HP printers?

I have the HL5240 that I bought almost a year ago.  Very nice and I'm
very pleased with its performance.  I have it hooked to a parallel port
on my Gigafast network switch.  It took a bit of doing to get
configured just right, but once I found the PPD buried on Brother's
website and installed it into CUPS, it prints perfectly.  I am very
satisfied.

- Nate >>

P.S. I know that isn't exactly an answer to your question.

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"
        http://www.networksplus.net/n0nb/       |   http://www.debian.org