Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Chris Parker wrote:
Hello all,

Does anyone know of a good cobol compiler and gui development enviroment? I have seen open-cobol as a compiler, but was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris

That's about the only freeware Cobol compiler I've seen. I'd like to see someone develop a Cobol plugin for Eclipse :)

I did manage to find this:
COBOL IDE
Welcome to the Eclipse COBOL IDE Project

The COBOL IDE Project - The COBOL IDE for Eclipse Subproject will build a fully functional COBOL Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the Eclipse platform. Our focus is COBOL application development on Windows/ Solaris/ Linux for deployment on each platform. We are interested in participation from others who would like to extend our work in other directions. e.g. wizards for developing applications that use particular library or database or messaging APIs, or extension to other languages. http://www.eclipse.org/cobol/

Along with this one: http://www.opencobol.org/modules/bwiki/index.php?Features

Thanks for the responses. We do now use microfocus, but that is running on SCO. I was looking for a Linux version less expensive. Licensing for Microfocus on Linux is $500,000 for everything. This is too keep from having to go to Windows environment.