Again, please do not top post.  Also, keep list mails on the list.

Pawe?? G??ga wrote:
> i have a kernel compiled fod 4gb , can this be the reason of these lacks ?

The way it works, there are 3 memory models.  1gb, 4gb, and 64gb.  This is
NOT the amount of memory in your machine.

1gb will give you access to upto 900mb but definately not 1024mb if you have
1gb actually installed.  For this, you need 4gb.

4gb will give you access to upto about 3072mb of memory.  This would be used
if you have more than 1gb of memory but not more than 3gb.

64gb will give you access to all of your memory (I do not know the upper
limit on this, but I'm almost certain it's not 64gb).  This also enabled PAE
extensions.  I don't know what motherboards support PAE, my original
understanding was that only machines that handle more than 4gb of physical
memory supported PAE and kernels compiled for PAE would only run on those
machines.  I was wrong on that.  Most recent boards I've dealt with (pIII
class and above) work just fine with PAE extensions even though hold less
than 1gb of memory.  This also enables 64-bit memory addressing (I think
that was the term.  See the kconfig for the option).

Be sure that your replies also go to the list.

 Got Gas???