On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 06:41:12AM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On 07/11/2007, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > > Being a Sid user you should be subscribed to debian-devel-announce:
> > >
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/11/msg00001.html
> >
> > The problem seems to be solved (at least I got upgrades).
>
> I don't think so. I don't thnik you'll get upgrades the next day, for
> example, since ries.debian.org == ftp-master.debian.org is still down.
> So, no new uploads are possible.
>
> Kumar
Which seems like a great opportunity to mention a new mailing list:
    * To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    * Subject: Welcome!
    * From: Joey Schulze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    * Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:29:46 +0100

Welcome to Debian Infrastructure Announcements!

This mailing list targets both users and developers who are interested
in status changes of public (and private) .debian.org infrastructure.
Announcements are specifically not restricted to development resources.

Announcements may include

 . hardware failure and downtimes for critical hardware
 . hardware failure and downtimes longer than one day for less critical
 . new (may be also removed) build daemon
 . enabling/disabling on IPv6 on important hardware
 . downtime for important mirrors
 . moved services and machines
 . changes in the availability of services and machines
 . downtime of volatile and backports archive
 . new/largely changed services (e.g. new packages.d.o system)

Scheduled downtimes for less than half a day or only little frequented
services may not be announced.

All registrated Debian developers are granted permission to send
announcements via debian-infrastructure-announce by signing the mail
digitally.

Mirror administrators of important mirrors who are not registrated
Debian developers are invited to contact Debian developers (e.g. via
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) to pass announcements to users in case this is
needed (e.g. for scheduled downtimes).

|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|