From: Andre Volmensky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 1:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Linux firewall vs Windows and Hardware based firewalls

Hello all,

I have to put forward an argument to management regarding setting up a
firewall on some of our clients networks.

What are the advantages of a linux firewall over something like Windows
with WinRoute on it, or even a hardware based firewall. What are the
disadvantages etc. I know I am asking on a linux users mailing list, but
I would also like reply's not to be too bias.

Thanks
Andre