Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

Interesting. Does this run on Debian, and if so, how?

I tried it with gxmame frontend (I think now it's discontinued, because it's in Obsolete and Locally Created Packages, or perhaps it was from some unofficial .deb package, I don't remember). I didn't try it with recent and heavy games, as my favorite ones are some 80's games, but it worked quite well. Now I didn't run it for a long time and cannot load games for now because I moved some directory here and there :-), but the frontend starts up and apparently keeps working well.

Here's the packages I installed on my lenny machine (gxmame obsoleted and quite old versions for the xmame-* ones, too):

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dpkg -l | grep "^ii  .*mame"
ii  gxmame        0.35beta2-1   GTK XMame frontend
ii  xmame-common  0.106-2       Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
ii  xmame-extras  20050404-1    Optional files used by xmame (cheat.dat etc)
ii  xmame-sdl     0.106-2       SDL binaries for the Multiple Arcade Machine
ii  xmame-tools   0.106-2       Tools for xmame and xmess
ii  xmame-x       0.106-2       X binaries for the Multiple Arcade Machine E
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

As I imagined, they are all in non-free, except for gxmame which is in contrib.

--
                   FORZA VECCHIO CUORE BIANCOROSSO!
                1905 -> 2005 (+2)... la storia continua