Le Saturday 17 November 2007 16:35:36 Bruno Costacurta, vous avez écrit :
> Hello to all,
>
> I'm planning to install lenny on a LVM partition.
> As I started the installation (via a recent netinst ISO image), the LVM
> disk is correctly detected but however it seems I cannot work
> with it as the installer suggest to format the partition as it doesn't
> recognize anything on it (already have logical volume on it, precisely a
> Fedora and a ext2 dedicated to downloads).

So, what do you mean when you say "LVM disk is correctly detected" ?
I assume that you mean, the physical disk is detected (driver OK) but not the
LVM Physical Volume on it.

> Is it possible, via the installer, to install on a LVM ?
> If not is there other way to prepare the logical volume separately and then
> proceed the installation ?

I should work, I have already done it.
I think you can report that as a bug.
But before, try other Installation CD or methods (Etch CD, Lenny businesscard,
PXE...), to see if it's only the Netinst CD, or more globally the Debian
Installer kernel/initrd.