Sidarth Dasari wrote:

> Is anybody else getting tons of spam emails from this mailing list?

Yes. I am receiving a lot of spam emails. Most of it is sent to
bugs.debian.org of which some get forwarded to debian mailing lists.

Currently, I am forwarding the spam emails to knujon project who seem to be
very effective in shutting down the websites advertised in the spam emails.
If I have time, sometimes I send complaints to the registrars of the
websites involved (using a tool called complainterator). Some of the
registrars are quite pro-active and shut down the spammy nameservers
reported. If a spammy nameserver is shutdown, it shuts down hundreds spam
websites in a single blow. However the whole process is quite time
consuming... If you are still interested, I would like to refer you to
www.castlecops.com/forums.html where people discuss about knujon,
complainterator, other anti-spam efforts such as PIRT, MIRT, SIRT etc.,

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi