--- Micha Feigin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am looking for an easy way to control my wireless
> (and wired) network for
> xfce4.
>
> I am currently using wlassistant, but it doesn't
> allow automatic connection
> (less important) and it has problems connecting to a
> wpa network, it attempts
> to connect properly but unless wpa_gui is also
> running in parallel it will
> usually fail to connect for some reason.

Micha, I am running Dreamlinux (Debian Etch 4 w/xfce)
on my
Dell Inspiron laptop. Internet
management has been a breeze with this system.
I am using a Ralink wireless card monitored with the
Wavelan
applet plugin.

Net packages that I find installed (by default) are
the following:
netapplet
netbase
netcat
net-tools
networkconf
wavmon
wireless-tools
wpasupplicant
xfce4-wavelan-plugin
xfce4-goodies

There may be other packages of significance due to
dependencies, etc.

Automatic connection is being established consistently
with
this setup.

HTHs a little. Best regards.

-- Angus

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931###########