---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Baz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Dec 9, 2007 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: Anyone using Debian on notebook?
To: js <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Dec 8, 2007 10:27 PM, js <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've just switched back my dev box from OS X to Debian.
> (I was used to be a Debian users but away from Debian for about 3 or
> more years.)
> OS X is great but Debian is so much better and easier in managing packages.
> OS X has some alternative to APT, like Fink and MacPorts
> but they are not official and packages is fewer than Debian's.
> In addition, Debian provides clearner system, conf is in /etc, binary
> is in /usr/bin.
>
> So I'm thinking that I also switch my notebook's OS to Debian.
> Before starting this switch, I like to hear some comments from
> people who's using Debian on their notebook.
> Is there any annoyance?
>
> One thing I worry is battery management
> where Apple's MacBook is very good at.
> OS X's sleep mode is just works. I love it so much.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --

Hi, I'm using Debian stable (4.0r1) on a Thinkpad.  One of my concerns
when I was etch (a weekly image from Dec-06) earlier this year was I
could get neither suspend nor hibernate to work.  Both worked
out-of-the box when I reinstalled Debian last weekend after a six
month hiatus.  The off period had nothing to do with Debian, but a
Lenovo Rescue & Recovery upgrade made GRUB inoperable, so I just
re-installed XP last April.  Sebastian

--
"...heart and soul....one will burn."
- Joy Division